All investments, including real estate, is speculative in nature and involves substantial risk of loss. We encourage our investors to invest carefully. We also encourage investors to get personal advice from your professional investment advisor and to make independent investigations before acting on information that we publish. Much of our information is derived directly from information published by companies or submitted to governmental agencies on which we believe are reliable, but are without our independent verification. Therefore, we cannot assure you that the information is accurate or complete. We do not in any way warrant or guarantee the success of any action you take in reliance on our statements or recommendations.
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. All investments carry risk and all investment decisions of an individual remain the responsibility of that individual. There is no guarantee that systems, indicators, or signals will result in profits or that they will not result in losses. All investors are advised to fully understand all risks associated with any kind of investing they choose to do.
Hypothetical or simulated performance is not indicative of future results. Unless specifically noted otherwise, all return examples provided in our websites and publications are based on hypothetical or simulated investing. We make no representations or warranties that any investor will, or is likely to, achieve profits similar to those shown, because hypothetical or simulated performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Don’t enter any investment without fully understanding the worst-case scenarios of that investment.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS:
Various statements contained in this presentation, including those that express a belief, expectation or intention, as well as those that are not statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements may include projections and estimates concerning the timing and success of strategies, plans or intentions. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations and assumptions about future events. These assumptions include, among others, our projections and expectations regarding: market trends in the single-family home rental industry and in the local markets where we operate, our business strengths, our ideal tenant profile, the quality and location of our properties in attractive neighborhoods, our ability to create a cash flow opportunity with attractive current yields and upside from increasing rents and cost efficiencies and our understanding of our competition and general economic, demographic and real estate conditions that may impact our business. While we consider these expectations and assumptions to be reasonable, they are inherently subject to significant business, economic, competitive, regulatory and other risks, contingencies and uncertainties, most of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond our control and could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Investors should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to conform to actual results or changes in our expectations, unless required by applicable law.
RISKS RELATED TO THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY
An investor’s performance and the value of their properties are subject to general economic conditions and risks associated with our real estate assets.
There are significant expenditures associated with an investment in real estate (such as debt service, real estate taxes, and insurance maintenance costs) that generally do not decline when circumstances reduce the income from the property. Income from and the value of the properties acquired may be adversely affected by the following factors:
- downturns in international, national, regional and local economic conditions;
- the attractiveness of the properties acquired to potential tenants and competition from other properties;
- increases in the supply of or decreases in the demand for similar or competing properties in our target markets;
- bankruptcies, financial difficulties or lease defaults by tenants;
- changes in interest rates, availability and terms of debt financing;
- changes in operating costs and expenses;
- changes in, or increased costs of compliance with, governmental laws, rules, regulations and fiscal policies, including changes in tax, real estate, environmental and zoning laws, and our potential liability thereunder;
- our ability to provide adequate maintenance;
- environmental conditions or retained liabilities for such conditions;
- tenant turnover;
- the illiquidity of real estate investments generally;
- residents’ perceptions of the safety, convenience and attractiveness of our properties and the neighborhoods where they are acquired;
- the ability or unwillingness of residents to pay rent increases;
- civil unrest, acts of God, including earthquakes, floods and other natural disasters, which may result in uninsured losses, and acts of war or terrorism;
- rent control or rent stabilization or other housing laws, which could prevent us from raising rents; and
- increases in property-level maintenance and operating expenses.
For these and other reasons, RI Group cannot and does not make any guarantees to investor performance.
Real estate investments are relatively illiquid and, as a result, there may be a limited ability to sell investment properties. When an investor sells any property, they may recognize a loss on such sale. Market conditions, seasonality, property conditions and repairs, vacancy, days on market, commissions, and closings costs should be accounted for as part of the selling transaction for single family residences. RI Group makes no guarantees as to the price, timing, costs or RI Group participation and assistance of selling an investor’s properties.